“We believe that (commonly agreed) norms should govern the new cyber domain and that they should be prepared by the policymakers and the public and private sector technologists who create and manage networks and critical systems.”
-Anne C Bader and Richard Stiennon
Welcome to the 21st Century Challenge!
The International Cybersecurity Dialogue (ICD) was founded in 2012 to promote dialogue and a working relationship between security technologists and policymakers.
Our International Advisory Board are public, private sector and academic policy and technology leaders whose perspective guides us as we build this community with business, government and academe.
Our beginning touched the tip of a melting iceberg. Since then, our planet moves through transformative change and speed equivalent to the end of the dinosaur age. The resulting global turmoil balances the best and worst of humanity’s imagination.
Awareness advanced with innovation; decisions were made; partnerships established; yet the trend towards the offensive is all about conflict and concern. And in this most recent Covid-19 era, the week’s choices might include hacking, espionage, cyber crime and the shared difficulties of spying from home.
We invite you to join the conversation. The ICD is designed for active engagement for those leaders who seek peer level debate and exchange. Our goal is to add value while convening informal networks to enhance understanding and “bridge the gap and build a cyber bridge.”
Our first core activity was the ICD roundtable – small (under 25), by invitation, and off the record as appropriate to allow participants—all current public and private sector experts—the freedom to voice their individual ideas and opinions.
In 2016, we launched the ICD Weekly Brief (Now in more than 40 countries.) as my personal invitation to friends and colleagues to gain a better understanding of this rapidly transforming digital global landscape.
With the opportunity that this year has given us, we expand our reach remotely. Original Content will introduce you to ICD colleagues and counterparts across the globe under News and Views. Conversations will create live exchanges between our ICD Members and Special Guests.
Six ICD Cyber Challenges
- Information Sharing
- Norms, Best Practices and Law
- Critical Infrastructure Resilience
- Responsibility and Accountability
- Supply Chain Assurance
- Threats: anticipation, deterrence, mitigation, response
Seven Basic Questions
- What are the most important principles of governance for the cyber sphere?
- What law and what body governs cyber crimes and cyber attacks?
- Who ensures responsibility and accountability? What are the rules for response?
- How should information be shared to ensure privacy and security?
- What is needed to strengthen existing cyber vulnerable critical infrastructures?
- What specific ways can business support government actions? How can it be done cost effectively?
- What are the key concepts and terminology for the cyber sphere?